Thursday 28 August 2014

Vuelta stage 7

Need to end a poor run for my blog bets and this stage would be a good point for that to happen!


The final 5km


The last 6km average out at about 3% and this should be an uphill sprint of some description.

Now in my short guide to the Vuelta in my favourite spreadsheet in the world (my bet tracker sheet) I had recorded this as "hard sprinter/fast climber". This should hold as long as a break does not succeed. The issue here is who does that chasing, Orica should be pretty tired after working for Matthews and then Chaves/Yates today, so maybe Giant will help for Degenkolb but this is right on the edge of his capabilities. 

I think this is a 50/50 between a break staying away and it being a an uphill drag finish.

One rider who could feasibly do both but probably suits a sprint more is Martens of Belkin, if Belkin do not get in the break they may lend a hand to set up a sprint.


For the break Simon Clarke of Orica could be a threat, a serial break rider with a sharp sprint and former KOM winner in the Vuelta.

I want two other picks for the break, they are Jungels and Bouet


Bets - Martens 50/1 0.4pts ew, Clarke, Bouet, Jungels all 200/1 0.2pts ew each Paddypower.









No comments:

Post a Comment