Sunday 10 August 2014

Eneco Tour GC

The Eneco Tour this year looks to be a cracker with a great field and an exciting course.

First up is 2 sprint stages in a row. If the wind gets up these could also influence GC.

Then we have a 9.6km TT which will give good TT riders an advantage but I don't expect the TT to ruin any riders GC hopes too much.

Next another sprint stage and then the friday, saturday, sunday of three hilly stages with aspects of the Ardennes classics in all three.




I'll look at the stages in more detail when they come up but for GC riders we need someone who packs a punch on multiple short climbs and who can TT reasonably. But I'm placing more of an emphasis on the climbing over TT as for someone like Dumoulin to win this I would say the TT would need to be double the length but he may surprise.

Riders who I like for this; Stybar, Dillier, Terpstra, Boom, Mollema, Vanmarcke, J Vanendert, GVA, Cancellara, Thomas, Dumoulin, Navardauskas, Breschel

Boylesports have come out with a 4 place GC market for this so I'm looking towards some of the longer odds to start with;

J Vanendert 80/1 0.5pts ew Boyles - Vanendert was solid in San Sebastian and I think the course suits

Breschel 250/1 0.3pts ew Boyles - Breschel retired from Denmark early, I'm taking a punt and saying this is to focus on Eneco rather than illness as he was already out of the Denmark GC, a big price.

Vanmarcke 125/1 0.3pts ew Boyles - Vanmarcke has been great this year and I would kick myself if he placed. I'm taking four places as I think it will be really tight but if you want 3 places 200s are around.

I'm not particularly keen on any of the GC H2H's at the moment but I might return to the GC for another pick once other books price up.

No comments:

Post a Comment